19 Manufacture of coke and refined petroleum products
This division includes the transformation of crude petroleum and coal into usable products. The dominant process is petroleum refining, which involves the separation of crude petroleum into component products through such techniques as cracking and distillation. This division also includes the manufacture for own account of characteristic products (e.g. coke, butane, propane, petrol, kerosene, fuel oil, etc.) as well as processing services (e.g. custom refining).
This division includes the manufacture of gases such as ethane, propane and butane as products of petroleum refineries.
This division excludes: The manufacture of petrochemicals from refined petroleum is classified in division 20.
Priority in case of multiple activities
If production, repair and sales activities are carried out, the priority is as follows :
- if production and sale: production takes priority
- if production and repair: production takes priority
- if repair and sale: repair takes priority
Outsourced activities (outsourcing)
There are several types of outsourcing, the enterprise may outsource::
• Part of a production process, classification: production
• All of a production process
o & owner of commodities, classification: production
o & non-owner of commodities, classification: section G, M or N :
For a construction enterprise:
• Part of the construction activities, classification: construction - section F
- Introduction to NOGA 2008