461 Wholesale on a fee or contract basis
This group includes:
- activities of commission agents, commodity brokers and all other wholesalers who trade on behalf and on the account of others
- activities of those involved in bringing sellers and buyers together or undertaking commercial transactions on behalf of a principal, including on the Internet.
This group also includes:
- activities of wholesale auctioneering houses, including Internet wholesale auctions
Priority in case of multiple activities
If production, repair and sales activities are carried out, the priority is as follows :
- if production and sale: production takes priority
- if production and repair: production takes priority
- if repair and sale: repair takes priority
For mail order and internet sales of wholesale products (NOGA 46), the sales channel is not considered but the product in the corresponding wholesale sector.
A wholesaler (NOGA 46) sells these goods to businesses. A retailer (NOGA 47) sells its products to the final consumer. If both activities are carried out without predominance, retail trade (47) takes precedence.
Definition of wholesale trade intermediary(461…)
- Puts professional buyers and sellers in touch with each other so they can exchange merchandise or carry out commercial transactions on behalf of a third party, including on the internet
- Does not buy or sell merchandise but offers a service
- Is not the owner of the merchandise exchanged
- Remuneration on a commission basis in proportion to the volume of business handled